Landing pages are one of the most important elements of lead generation. Unlike normal website pages, a landing page is a specialized page that contains information about one particular offer and a form to download that offer.
What’s great about landing pages is that they direct your visitors to one particular offer without the distractions of everything else on your website. Visitors are on a landing page for one and only purpose: to complete the lead capture form.
The use of landing pages enables marketers to direct website visitors to targeted pages and capture leads at a much higher rate. But an effective page involves more than simply designing something that “looks good.”
Elements of an Effective Landing Page
Landing pages are used to convert visitors into leads by completing a transaction or by collecting contact information from them. Landing pages consist of:
- A short headline that grabs the reader’s attention, tells the user what the product or service is all about, and compels them to stay and learn more about what you’re offering
- A persuasive subhead that goes into slightly more depth and detail than the main headline and encourages the reader to stay on the page
- At least one high-quality image, graphic, or other visual element that is relevant to your product or service
- A brief, straightforward description of the offer that is benefit-oriented and makes what your product or service is about perfectly clear
- A testimonial or customer quote that shows the user that they can trust the product or service
- A form that collects information from a visitor in exchange for an offer
You can use a landing page for almost any purpose — to capture email leads, sell a product, invite people to a conference or webinar, make an announcement, offer a discount. No matter the purpose, the core goal is to convert leads.
Here are three tips for creating landing pages that convert.
3 Tips for Creating High-converting Landing Pages
1. Remove the navigation
Once a visitor arrives on a landing page, it’s your job to keep them there. If there are links on the page to move about your website, it will distract the visitor and decrease the chance of them converting on the page. One of the best ways to increase your landing page conversion rates is to simply remove the main navigation from the page.
2. Encourage social sharing
On your landing page, don’t forget to include buttons to enable your prospects to share content and offers. Include multiple social media channels as well as email because people have different sharing preferences. When your offer is shared more, more people land on the page, and, therefore, more people fill out your form and become leads.
3. Create more content offers
According to a marketing benchmarks report, companies see a 55 percent increase in leads by increasing landing pages from 10 to 15. The more content, offers, and landing pages you create, more opportunities to generate more leads for your business.
When you use specific landing pages for your marketing campaigns, you have the opportunity to promote a positive first impression, take advantage of trust elements, and increase your conversion rates.
For an in-depth look at more techniques you can — and should — use to increase leads and revenue, download 2019 Healthcare Marketing Tips and Tricks for Generating Online Leads.